Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I had an epiphany! - The summary


As Christians and as humans, we can be really hard on ourselves. We feel like we’re not doing well enough to be called born-again Christians; like we’re constantly disappointing God, because we know we are constantly disappointing ourselves. Every time we tell a lie, or insult somebody, or are reluctant to help mum or a neighbour; we take it to heart, and feel like we can never be good Christians.
I cant count how many times I have gotten so sad and mad at myself for failing, for repeatedly sinning, for repeatedly falling short and doing something I promised myself and God I would not do again. Whenever I get in this mood, I usually separate myself from God; I try to hide myself like Adam and Eve did; I don’t feel worthy, so I do not even want to remain in His sight. I stop praying and just go about my life; feeling downcast, alone, lost.
But moving further away from God after sinning is exactly what the devil wants. And every time we do that, we are letting him (oh that cunning little ******, insert insult here) win. The devil wants to stop us from praying; he wants us to feel like God doesn’t love us anymore, is angry with us and has turned His back. The devil wants us to be weak; he wants to cut us off from our eternal source of power, warmth and reassurance. And he succeeds the moment we stop praying;because then the spirit of God leaves us and we become vulnerable to vices and even worse temptations of the world and the devil. We should never distance ourselves from God; even after sinning. He loves us unconditionally. He understands our weaknesses, our human desires, our insecurities, our addictions; and He will not cast a person who is continually and truly trying away because of one sin. (Not in this world where extreme violence and material worship abound- there are so much worse sinners than us out there *hehehe)
LOVE is the ultimate commandment. LOVE is the most important message God wants us to share with the world. It’s written:
“FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE ABIDE, BUT THE GREATEST OF THESE THREE IS LOVE (1st Cor. 13:13)”
As long as keep our hearts clean, wish everyone even our enemies well, forgive without receiving apologies, spread goodwill not gossip, stay grateful, help less-privileged people to the best of our abilities, and acknowledge God as Lord, I believe that He will continue to forgive us.
He understands that we are only human and that sometimes we will flounder and flicker, but He wants us to keep trying and to be good people with hearts full of love. To LOVE; share love, exude love, be love, have love is to reflect the spirit of God in usLove is the summary of what being a Christian is. A Christian should have faith, a Christian should have hope, a Christian should adhere to the 10 commandments, a Christian should spread the gospel. Yes a Christian should do all these things, but most importantly a Christian should have the spirit of God and that is LOVE.
“Above all things, be fervent in your love among yourselves; for LOVE COVERETH A MULTITUDE OF SINS” (1st Peter 4:8)
 "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart..... And thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS, HANGS ALL THE LAWS AND PROPHETS (Matthew 22:37-40)
So don’t be too hard on yourself. God is not sitting down with a register and red marker, ticking every mistakeevery flaw and assigning appropriate punishment. He is aware of our limitationsmistakes, our weaknesses and how much we try to overcome.

8 comments:

  1. Well spoken! Sometimes I feel so unworthy to say the Lord's prayer. But when I begin to worship Him, am reminded again that no sin of mine is greater than His love for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, girl. We shld constantly remind ourselves of this fact.

      Delete
  2. U are right baby girl. I will always go bak to my maker wen I err. I won't allow the Devil think he has won by distancing myself from God. I know God's grace abounds but in my lil way I will not take his mercies for granted too. GOD IS LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful piece!. We love because he first loved us. There are times I'v looked at myself & felt I wasn't good enough for God 'cause I kept making mistakes giving the devil chances. I came across 1jhn 4:17 as my high priest is in heaven so am I in this world..So.. if Christ is perfect & Sinless to God so am I to his eyes too?! Simply means I shouldn't focus on my thoughts, Romans 4:7 our sins/future sins are already covered through Christ(that's like a dirty tank that produces dirty water but it gets filtered 'before' it gets to God to drink) awesome puhleaz! Hehe. This shows God loves us.. the fact he didn't withhold his own son 'cause of me? He loved me even before I knew him. That's deep. That's true commitment. It shows he knew we won't be perfect, he didn't want to be mad at us all the time, so he sacrificed his son. wow! Mathew 3:17 (this is my 'beloved' son) Mathew 4:3( if u r the son of God turn the stones to bread) why didn't the devil mention 'beloved'? Because he knows temptation isn't successful if the person the devil is tempting knows God loves him (devil is smart, we just need to be smarter sigh). It's safe to say Christ also knows how annoying the devil could be. I also believe that's why God gave us parents. When a situation goes beyond me I find myself running to my dad/mum first not caring about the 'disappointed look' they'll give me..at least im sure they'll still look for solution rather than laughing at me.. parents will never fold arms & watch their kids drown. I feel God is trying to make us understand the bond is different that's why he says to call him 'Father' because he cares more than our biological parents do. In bad situations I force myself to believe that God loves me..I recite it until It stays in my heart that moment..& later something good happens. The love of God is the power of God. That's what keeps me going even when I forget myself & focus on my thoughts. Like u said, we truly shouldn't be hard on ourselves. We won't always be perfect , but through Christ we are perfect to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Original and inspiring comment. Love your metaphor about parental bond and God's love!

      Delete
  4. Nice piece... The devil who is the accuser ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ the brethren accuses us each time ώε sin and tends Τ̅☺ condem us... Romans 8:1 made me understand that there's no condemnation Τ̅☺ them which are in Christ Jesus also the Bible made me understand that ώε no more live under the law but by Grace through Christ Jesus... All ώε need is His Mercy and Grace which is sufficient for us all.. I pray God give us the Grace Τ̅☺ live above sin...Thank God for the gift ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ SALVATION...

    ReplyDelete